Thursday 23 December 2010

Customizing your ICONS in Windows XP


My friend Tyrone asked me the other day how to customize icons on Windows XP, so I thought I’d write up all the ways to change the icons, by using the built-in methods

Changing My Computer, My Documents, and Recycle Bin Icons Manually

Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties, then on the Desktop tab you should choose the Customize Desktop button.
image
In the Desktop Items dialog you can select one of the icons and click the Change Icon button.
image
Now just click the Browse button, and pick whichever icon file you would prefer.
image
Change Icons for Specific Folders Manually

You can change the icon for many folders by right-clicking the folder and choosing Properties, and then clicking Change Icon on the Customize tab.
image

No comments:

Post a Comment